How to set up your SurfwareHosting.com Email
Note for Mac Mail customers! OS X El Capitan no longer supports POP servers. You need to change your setting to IMAP.
Setting up your Email account with IMAP
Username: Your full email address
Password: Your email account password
Incoming Mail Server:imap.secureserver.net
Outgoing Mail Server: smtpout.secureserver.net
Incoming PortWithout SSL - 143
With SSL - 993Outgoing Port
Without SSL - one of the following: 25, 80, 3535
With SSL - 465
POP Servers can still be used on iPhones, Android, windows phones.
To Set up Email in Outlook 2010
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2010. Click File, and then click Add Account.
- At the bottom, select Manually configure server settings or additional server types, and click Next.
- Select Internet E-mail, and click Next.
- Enter Your Name and full E-mail Address.
- If you have IMAP, select IMAP for your Account Type. If you're not sure, selectPOP3. Use these settings for your incoming and outgoing servers, depending on the type of email you have:
POP3 Incoming mail server pop.secureserver.net Outgoing mail server (SMTP) smtpout.secureserver.net IMAP Incoming mail server imap.secureserver.net Outgoing mail server (SMTP) smtpout.secureserver.net
- Enter your User Name (your full email address) and Password, and selectRemember password.
- Click More Settings.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab. Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server. Select the Advanced tab.
- Next to Outgoing Server (SMTP), type 80. Then click OK.
- Click Next.
- Outlook 2010 will test your settings. When it's done, click Close.
- Click Finish.
Need help setting up your Mobile Phone?
BEFORE YOU START: To set up your device with your email, you need to know your POP or IMAP Email Server Settings and ports. To find them, got to the Email Setup Center and write down the information that displays under Email Server Settings.
To Use a Mobile Phone with Your Email
- Create an account with your mobile phone.
- Locate the account settings and set the following:
- Your full email address
- Your email account password
- Incoming Mail Server
- Your incoming POP or IMAP server.
- Outgoing Mail Server
Your outgoing SMTP server.
- Incoming Server Port
- IMAP without SSL - 143
IMAP with SSL - 993
POP without SSL - 110
POP with SSL - 995
For specific information on a particular mobile phone see the following help articles:
Setting up an IMAP or POP Email Address on Your BlackBerry Smartphone
Setting Up an IMAP or POP Address on Your iPhone
Enabling SSL on Your iPhone
Setting Up an IMAP or POP Address on Your Treo 600
Setting Up an IMAP or POP Address on Your Treo 650
Setting Up an IMAP or POP Address on Your T-Mobile G1
Android: Setting Up Workspace Email